Darkness And Light Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkness And Light Community

Darkness And Light SEA Community Forum

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reverse Engineering - Old DAL Client Files?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RailKill
Recruit
RailKill

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-01-19

Reverse Engineering - Old DAL Client Files? Empty
PostSubject: Reverse Engineering - Old DAL Client Files?   Reverse Engineering - Old DAL Client Files? EmptyWed 19 Jan - 19:11:58

Hi, I'm RailKill and you might have seen my name on the Warcraft III DAL Map. I am currently doing reverse engineering for DAL and I installed DAL using the setup. It is a fresh install.

So far, I managed to skip the patching process and make DAL think that it has already been patched. I let ShadowTeamX3 tested, and it seems that the only problem left is XTrap. If yes, then I only need to go around XTrap to get DAL launching.

However, if anyone has an UPDATED DAL Client (meaning that you didn't uninstall since the last time you played DAL), please tell me the list of files you have in your DAL folder. This will help me greatly, since I can determine what are the missing files if there is anything stopping DAL from running.

Please notify me here. Your help is greatly appreciated. My aim is to get DAL to launch, then we can view replays at least. If that happens, I can then try to bypass the login and channel screen, then we all can play Practice and Tutorial mode. That is the furthest I could go in hacking it. I couldn't change the whole system to make DAL online play, and we don't have server files to make it work. But at least, we would be able to watch replays, Practice and Tutorial mode, which will be a great help to the WC3 map. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eeching.com
Bodhisattva
Bowman
Bodhisattva

Male
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Engineering - Old DAL Client Files?   Reverse Engineering - Old DAL Client Files? EmptyThu 20 Jan - 21:57:47

hmm.. what do you mean the updated DAL client ? i just copied only the entire folder from my old computer only
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QDPenguin
RailKill
Recruit
RailKill

Male
Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Engineering - Old DAL Client Files?   Reverse Engineering - Old DAL Client Files? EmptyFri 21 Jan - 15:59:07

that's what i meant Very Happy the whole folder, not just a newly installed setup.

i still haven't start working on Xtrap yet, but i'll work on it soon.

EDIT: I didn't get around XTrap yet, but I managed to let the client start even with the XTrap errors. It's a crappy workaround for XTrap, and XTrap is still there, it's not bypassed. But since I managed to get into DAL, we can now view the replays at least. But there's a time limit though, since XTrap has periodic checks about every 30 mins or so. I'll just release the stuff on this forum first. If I could get around it, then I'll update them. Just wait for ShadowTeamX3 to put the files up on his blog, and I'll post a new thread about it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.eeching.com
twillusion
Recruit

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-02-12

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Engineering - Old DAL Client Files?   Reverse Engineering - Old DAL Client Files? EmptySat 12 Feb - 20:44:29

Hey, ex-DAL player here, and just wanted to say...
Rock on. I've always loved DAL and seeing people like you guys just makes me teary. Wishing you guys all the absolute best.
Back to top Go down
Bodhisattva
Bowman
Bodhisattva

Male
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Engineering - Old DAL Client Files?   Reverse Engineering - Old DAL Client Files? EmptyMon 14 Feb - 23:45:35

twillusion wrote:
Hey, ex-DAL player here, and just wanted to say...
Rock on. I've always loved DAL and seeing people like you guys just makes me teary. Wishing you guys all the absolute best.

*like*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/QDPenguin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reverse Engineering - Old DAL Client Files?   Reverse Engineering - Old DAL Client Files? Empty

Back to top Go down

Reverse Engineering - Old DAL Client Files?
Page 1 of 1